Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cop Cars (Updated with COP CAR PHOTOS!!)

No, this is not a post on the police. From what I can tell the police are quite nice here. But I don't really know. Haven't interacted with them at all yet. But I have seen one sign in a park and then a sign at a protest (Yes, Argentinians protest. Something the Chinese can't do. FYI.) that said something to the effect "I knew that the policed killed [someone]." Anyways, I don't have much to say on the cops.

But the cop CARS. Man, they look like they're in line to be the next Transformers. They're normal four door sedans (Fiat, maybe), really probably not any bigger than a Corolla, but they have big ass bumpers on the front and back and then guards on all four doors. It's weird. What are they protecting themselves from/ramming into? (Go ahead and give him a warning ram. An inside joke with myself and El Canadian.) Maybe it's for the protests. Or they're just overly prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

Also, everywhere the cops, on official business or not, they drive around with their lights on. It's not such a bad thing, I think. It makes them very obvious and I imagine helps deter crime. Crime isn't bad here, btw.

Anyways, outskies.

Love,
B

Update 1 (2013-11-29)



See the crazy bumpers all around the cars? No?? Look again!

And if you're wondering why the shots of the cop cars are so bad, I didn't want to seem too obvious since that invites trouble of its own, so I was standing back/away from the cars and not trying to seem obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment