Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fine, fine, I'M BACK!

So a lot of you (ok, like two people) have been asking when I'm going to write another post. WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT. Is the answer. Nah, I kid. I should write this down. Cuz we all know I'm gonna forget this stuff. Cuz, alcohol.

Anyways, I last wrote on Saturday, September 14th. Today is Tuesday, September 17th. So let's recap Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Saturday, September 14th

THE TIDE WON. THAT'S IT. Nah, I kid. So I went to La Boca. La Boca means "The Mouth", like Boca Raton, which means "Mouth of the Rat". Still wanna live there, old folks? I bet you don't care. Anyways, it's in, what is to me, kind of the southeast part of the city. The map the hostel gives you actually advises you to not go there at night. So why would I want to go there?? Cuz I can. And people told me to. And eff the man. So I went and it was cool. It apparently has some of the best art museums/galleries in the city. Which I'll agree with. But museums bore the piss out of me and I never learn/remember anything from them. So I didn't go in them. I'll check out Michelangelo's David and that's about it.

But, there was plenty of art outside. Graffiti, but really well done graffiti. It just expresses the neighborhood, the culture, the feeling down there. Very nice. And I didn't find that part of the city dangerous. But I didn't stick around for nightfall, either. One thing down there that is famous is "El Caminito". No, Spencer, not the Jewpacabra. El Caminito means the little street, of course. It's famous because the buildings on both sides of this stretch of street are painted wildly. Loud, bright colors. And there are restaurants and street vendors crowding the street. It's neat. I was looking for it and walked down it and figured out what it is. I don't think it's marked but I could have missed it.

Oh! And I saw the stadium called La Bombonera. It's for CABJ, or Club Atletico Boca Juniors. I didn't go to a match. Cuz, just no.

Then I came back to the hostel and der Trevenbro gave me the play by play of the Bama game. Did I mention we won? Then later that night a couple of my roommates invited me to join them and three other people at a German bar called Unterturkheim. Good stuff. Ok, enough on Saturday...

1 comment:

  1. So, share this on fb! All you do is click the fb button! Loooooovvvveee you!

    ReplyDelete