Monday, September 23, 2013

Eine kleine Nachtmusik

For those inbred cows among us who don't recognize the title of this post, it's German for "A Little Night Music". You know, by Mozart. You monkey. Anyway, this post is about nightlife! Yay for anyone who got it before my exposition.

Buenos Aires nightlife. Oh man. The stories you hear about it. First, let me address the one thing everyone fucking points out. Yes, nights start and end later there. Dinner at 11:30 at night! Oh my stars! GET OVER IT ALREADY. In my experience, nights do start later, dinner is later, whatever. In general, not just nights you go out. Some people do eat as early as 7 (sorry, you blue-plate-specialers) but 9 is more common. 11:30 does happen, but on nights out that's a bit late. Gotta let your food settle! Allow you time so that you can drink more. Claro.

So, but, on nights out, you go out probably somewhere between 12 and 2:30 AM (you read that right, 2:30 AM) and end no earlier than 4 and as late as, well, when do the afterparty of the afterparty end? But people do start drinking at like 10, just pregaming (longer pregaming!) unti they go out. Drinking could start at 8,or 8 AM. DON'T JUDGE ME!

There are, of course, any number of bars in BA. It's BA, a huge city. No different than any other city. Last night (it's Sunday. September whatever, like I said, don't judge me) we (myself and three very lovely German people) hit "Asia de Cuba". I do, fortunately, have a great list of the best clubs in the city (shoutout, Tiff!), and this is, of course, on the list. We got free tickets from the hostel (no cover! which I think was like $25 USD (steeeeppp!!)) so that was great. It was a very good club, as far as clubs go. Good music (lots of music popular in America and of course occasionally a Spanish song, many of which I knew). The constant strobe light that made it look like everyone was the best dancer in the world was kind of annoying. The mixed drinks were $60 pesos, which I thought was expensive but apparently that's pretty reasonable. It kind of is, too, when you think that's maybe $10-11 USD and that's what you'd pay at any club in the US. So, yeah. Oh, and apparently $80 pesos is the more standard/more outrageous-er price. Yeesh. I see why people pregame so long! So yeah, we had a great time, we danced, and got home at 5? 5:30? I went to sleep finally at 7:02. We stayed up at the hostel a bit.

Anyways, a taste of the nightlife here. More to come later, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment