Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Money and Dogs

Well, I distinctly remember doing a post, or perhaps separate posts, on money and dogs on my "A White Boy in India" blog. So figured I'd talk about the same things here.

Dogs

Doggies first. Cuz doggies are way cuter. I am happy to report that Argentinians LOVE their dogs. Or at least Buenos Airens (??). San Dee-eh-GANS. Seems like I see lots of people out walking dogs. Dogs on leashes. It's a good thing (said in the voice of Martha Stewart). Of course, I'm sure I just notice it more so I'm not really sure the percentage of families that own a dog versus don't. Who cares, they're adorable. I saw this big dog park thing yesterday (twice) with tons of doggies. This one golden...makes me miss Charles. Anywho, yeah! It's very good. I've only seen a handful of strays. One thing that people (touristy websites) is there's lot of dog poop on the sidewalks...eh, not really. Just watch out for it. But back to people and their dogs, they do seem to genuinely love their pets. It's cold here now (in the 40s and 50s) and I have seen several dogs wearing what amount to blankets. Now that's love. Tough it out, Charlie. And I've seen a couple of pet stores, at least with pet food. I hate to say this is a sign of civilization, but isn't it? Having domesticated animals. BTW, I didn't go looking, but I saw 0 pet stores in India.

Money

Ah, the root of all evil. And the thing that will eventually buy me a Rolex. And happiness. Here, there aren't many problems with money, compared to India anyway. They have banks, what seems like plenty of ATMs, change. I think only one person has gotten a little ticked at me for not having smaller bills, but I'm new here, what did you expect. And plenty of places, pretty much all take cards! Visa, MasterCard, AmEx (sorry Discover)! Again, I'm always comparing this to my India experience as that was my first real experience outside the US and this is my second, but with money, the experience is more favorable here.

1 comment: