Thursday, September 12, 2013

First Impressions in Buenos Aires - Primeras Impresiones de Good Airs

Hola desde Buenos Aires!

What up peeps?

So, Buenos Aires, day one, first impressions. I'll try not to bore you. Something something Batman is here on sabbatical. But here they call him Bathombre. Or sometimes Mercialagohombre. I kid. No, but, this city is beautiful. Reminds me of Europe a bit, a little bit of Hong Kong, a little bit of NYC. NYC but with less brick, really. It's great. Long, long streets, and given how narrow they are, they have tons of one-ways. No choice, really. But they got it on lockdown. ATLANTA, TAKE NOTE.

I am finding tons of cute restaurants to go to. All small but delicious. Plenty of pizza and empanadas. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the number of markets available. You can run into 2 or 3 in 5 minutes of walking. Having lived in India where they are much more scarce, this is wonderful. Especially when I don't have a car. Haven't seen a Walmart yet but have seen Shell and Hess.

But I'll keep this short. The city is marvelous. Time to make some friends and hit the town. Not tonight. But soon.

Oh! One more thing. I've found so many Spanish words that I DO NOT KNOW. Easter egg: here, they use the word "tickets" to mean tickets. No joke. Just straight English. I didn't even realize it at first. I saw a sign for Black Sabbath playing here, their one and only time ever in BA, sign said tickets and everything else was in Spanish. And when leaving the airport, the sign when leaving the parking lot said "pagados tickets" for "paid tickets". Didn't realize at first it was in two languages.

Now for this Spanish. This is gonna be tough.

Que pasaaaaaaa, peeps? (amigos, mi gente, pares) (oh slang...)

Pues, Buenos Airs, dia uno, primeras impresiones. Voy a tratar a no aburrirlos. Algo algo Mercialagohombre esta aqui en su año sabatico. Pero aqui se llaman Bathombre. O aveces Mercialagohombre. (That really is the word for bat in Spansih, btw. Look it up. Mercialago.) Bromeo. No, pero, esta ciudad es bonita. Me recuerda de Europa un poco, un poquito de Hong Kong (yeah, I'm not looking that up), un poquito de Nueva York. NYC pero con menos ladrillo, en verdad. Es muy buena. Calles larga, muy larga, y

Finishing later...

No comments:

Post a Comment